Trauma and Violence Intervention Research: Promoting safety and well-being across the lifespan
Pre-conference workshops: June 9, 2020
Conference: June 10-11, 2020
Location: London, ON Convention Centre
Trauma is prevalent in our world and many of the people we work with live with its physical, mental and emotional impacts.
Providing effective and compassionate support requires trauma-informed practice with a cultural and historical understanding of lived experience.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn, network and enhance skills!
Join our conference featuring innovative trauma-and violence-informed health promotion and intervention research supporting people with lived experiences of intimate partner violence and/or child maltreatment.
Conference participants will be better able to:
- Understand cultural and historical experiences of trauma
- Apply trauma-and-violence-informed principles to service delivery
- Appreciate the role of community development and partnerships in intervention research
- Recognize and promote resilience in people who have experienced trauma
- Consider implications of trauma and violence-informed research
- Incorporate trauma-and violence-informed tools and resources to support people
Who Should Attend? Healing & Helping practitioners, Social Workers, Psychotherapists, Psychologists, Counsellors, Coaches, Indigenous Services Workers, Child & Youth Workers, VAW Sector Workers, Settlement Services Workers, Educators, Policy Makers, Researchers, and Students.
Pre-conference Workshop & Conference:
Early Bird* (before February 29, 2020): $375.00 + HST
Regular*: $425.00 + HST
Early Bird* (before February 29, 2020): $275.00 + HST
Regular*: $325.00 + HST
*Includes dinner on June 10, 2020
Pre-conference Workshop only:
$150.00 + HST